Great opportunity to work in a multi-lingual environment with an international law firm in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Position is part-time or full-time. The position requires assisting a Managing Partner and other lawyers with day-to-day needs such as writing in German and English, translations, billing, filing, answering phones, updating spreadsheets, working on ad hoc projects and managing databases.
Ideal Candidates will have 1-5 years office experience at a law or accounting firm or other client-based service industry, strong Excel and Apple OS/PC skills and the ability to effectively multi-task.
Candidates must be fluent in both German and English – must be able to type in both languages (via recorded transcriptions), must have the ability to speak both languages comfortably and maintain a professional demeanor with clients (in-person and over the phone).
- Writing letters and emails in German and English
- Prepare translations (often from German to English, but also reverse)
- Billing and WIP/AR review
- Office support and management of office supplies, mail, etc.
- Arranging overseas travel and accommodation
- Drafting of administrative letters, memoranda and general administrative documents
- Research/drafting of firm’s newsletter and website articles, upload and edit articles (in German and/or English), update subscriber contacts for firm‘s newsletter
- Customer care/client management
- Assisting in all other ad hoc office duties
- Fluent in English AND German (Candidates must demonstrate either native or fluent German language ability, as this is a core component of the position)
- Strong secretarial/administrative experience
- Fully computer literate with very good knowledge of Open Office, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of billing and attorney software (for example Rocket Matter, Quicken, TimeMatters, TimeSlips, Amicus) as well as web-design/blog-design software (Joombla, WordPress, Constant Contact etc.) is a plus
- Good management, organizational and numerical skills
- Hardworking team player
- Excellent communication skills
Please send your application and resume to BridgehouseLaw, Attn: Nicole Dickey via email email@example.com.
About the Company:
BridgehouseLaw is an international law firm focusing on business law with offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Cologne and Munich. We mainly provide legal advice to clients on international transactions, particularly in trade and corporate law, property and banking law as well as in investment and tax law. We also assist our clients with transnational lawsuits and give legal advice in immigration and citizenship matters.
We recognize our business clients are often dealing with more than just a legal issue, therefore we strive to provide our clients with advice to make sound business decisions; to maximize the value of our clients’ assets while minimizing costs, including legal fees; and to document transactions in order to reduce the likelihood of unplanned adversities in the future.
The firm’s principals have strong general and legal educations; solid experience in excellent larger firms; and recognized expertise in particular fields. They bring to the firm a wide range of contacts in the business and legal communities, international experience, as well as personal and professional contracts in many countries, loyal clients, and good business sense.
With entrepreneurial creativity, efficient problem solving and individual counseling, we build bridges for you and your business between
– business, law and tax
– cultures, and
– most importantly, people
We take pride in our global team of consultants as a “one-stop-shop” for our clients, together with a network of local contacts, with expertise to go beyond mere legal and tax consulting.
(c) Picture: freedigitalphotos.net
und viele Grüße aus Charlotte
Reinhard von Hennigs